March 4, 2013

Color Run

In April I will be participating in the Dallas Color Run. The run if for the Dallas charity, The American Heart Association. I, however, will be participating in this run in honor of my mom. Who in October of last year found out she had lung cancer. When we found out they told her she was a stage four. After many test they concluded that it was in stage one, by the grace of God, the cancer could be removed by surgery. In January of this year (2013) she had the top lobe of her right lung removed. She was the perfect patient.

She has been doing good. I would like to thank all the prayer warriors that came together in my mom's time of need. I thank the Lord every day for not letting me be without my mom for a little bit longer. She is my best friend, my hero. she helps me through things and doesn't think about herself when I need help. I am proud to be just like her. I am running (or gonna try to) in this run for her, not for me.

Today she starts her first round of chemo as a precaution as there were microscopic evidence, in the part of lung they removed, of cancer. Getting chemo will allow her to live longer. She is so scared to death and I am scared of what it is going to do to her. It really hasn't hit me yet that it is today. I can't go and be there with her because of work, I babysit, I don't wand to stress her out more than she will already be. And my sister who lives six hours away is struggling with being so far away.


UPDATE: I will be able to go see my mom in a little bit. Now I'm getting nervous.


No comments:

Post a Comment